A free book written by an autist: The book is basically Autism 101.
It covers topics like:
- What is autism
- What causes it
- What to do about it
- How does an autistic person think
- What causes the problems
- How to deal with the problems
- What to do about socializing
- what to do about stimming
- what treatment programs and medications are there and which ones should you get
- should you tell your child that they are autistic
- what long term plans should you have
- and so forth.
It doesn’t cover absolutely everything that every parent needs to know, but it tries to handle the most common questions that parents ask themselves. It also helps to explain what is really important and worth focusing on, and it has been getting good reviews from the people who helped review the rough drafts.