2011-1-27 Version 1.5.0
This version is now using a database system to store it’s information. Initially it will work just like before. But it is possible to put the database on a network server. Some documentation (in english) is included to tell what is needed if you want to use Picto Selector from multiple systems at the same time.
This version includes:
- database phase 1: local database – no need to install a database system, it is included in Picto Selector itself
- database phase 2: network database – see documentation how to make this work
- database phase 3: manual and semi automatic synchronization – use a local database and put a database on a network, you can synchronize your information to this database. Very usefull for laptops which are regulary connected with a network.
- portable: put the complete installation (including images) on a removable disk to run it in portable mode
- svg image support, the nounproject svg files (http://www.thenounproject.com/) can be used as user pictos, thanks to Nils Haeck M.Sc. of http://www.simdesign.nl who donated the source to enable this.
More information about the Picto Selector database is available at:
Picto Selector Blog about database
- usermanager, all sheets are now owned by a user. Only the Administrator is allowed to:
- Synchronize the database to another network database
- Import Symbol set package
- Change Picto Folder
- Hide Categories (this is no longer stored in the registry)
- Configure Database
- User Pictos which are only active for the current computer, on other systems they need to be added again.
This works this way because the location can be different for each computer
- Manage Layout Templates
- menu structure has changed to reflect the possibility to reload and save picto sheets and some options are moved to a configuration menu
Good to know:
- The administrator can not be removed
- When a password is given to the administrator then all users can enter a password
- The startup time of Picto Selector has improved a lot (except for the first time)